[mythtv-users] Hiper HMC-2K53A hub error message (was: Re: HIPER HMC-2K53A as MythTv Frontend?)

David George david at thegeorges.us
Sat Jul 21 20:42:10 UTC 2007

Dave Walker wrote:
> The main problem encountered at this stage is of the
> implementation/kernel bug that is represented by the broken port 3 of
> the hub within the VFD display.
>
>  --> hub 4-8:1.0: Cannot enable port 3.  Maybe the USB cable is bad?
>
> I have been trying to fix this at kernel level, but have had little
> success.
>
> This bug has been reported to my distribution here:
> 	https://launchpad.net/bugs/122102

I just received my replacement unit and tried kernel 2.6.22-git16 and
the USB hub error no longer occurs.  lsusb now also works again (no
longer pauses for long time as on -2948 and no longer locks as in -2962).

Haven't gotten much further, just wanted to report some progress.

Any update on the VFD driver/protocol?

--
David