[mythtv-users] OT: Adding more network connections

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sat Jul 21 17:06:17 UTC 2007

On Sat, Jul 21, 2007 at 10:57:41AM -0400, Matt Mossholder wrote:
> Removing your existing connections from the router isn't really a
> requirement. It might make your wiring easier, or your connections
> faster, but in the end, all ports connect to the same network. Do what
> works for you.

"Requirement"?  No, you're right, it's not.

But small switched networks probably work a *little* more efficiently
when everything possible is on one [logical] switch.  Saves you an
extra hop for some connections, and if you move a fair amount of
traffic on your LAN, that can be worth making more efficient.

Cheers,
-- jra