[mythtv-users] Is there a way to inactivate schedules?

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Fri Jul 20 18:07:03 UTC 2007

I have a number of recording schedules set up, like most myth users.
What I would like to do with some of them is to leave them on file, but
inactive. Currently, one can only cancel them entirely, which means all
the associated settings disappear.

My basic problem is this. You get a program run for a season (in the UK
these may be shorter than in the States) and then for the rest of the
year you get repeats. Now the Radio Times xmltv feed doesn't necessarily
show those programs as reruns every time, so to avoid getting all those
recorded the schedule has to be cancelled. For some programs this is OK,
but for some you may get sporadic episodes which are not repeats.
"Foyles War" and "Midsomer Murders" are two which happen like that at
present.

When the schedule is cancelled you lose all the associated settings. You
also lose the 'flagging up' of any new/repeat episodes which the
providers may slip in.

So I suppose what I would like is a setting which says 'tell me when
this program is on, but don't record it unless I specifically override
it'. In other words, list it, because it's of interest, but let me
decide whether I want it recorded or not.

Mike Perkins