[mythtv-users] Remote works in menu's, but not Live TV

David Lonie loniedavid at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 17:50:25 UTC 2007

On Friday 20 July 2007 12:35, Jarom McDonald wrote:
> Sounds like a problem with your lircrc file -- the file that maps
> particular lirc events to the proper mythTV commands. I've had times
> when some of the buttons were configured properly in lircrc but others
> weren't -- so I could change channels but not the volume, for example.
> When you run irw from the command line, see what the output is for the
> channel up and channel down buttons (for example "Ch+" or something like
> that). Then open up the lircrc file in the .mythtv folder of the user
> that runs mythTV in your setup. Look for the sections that have "mythTV"
> as the value for "prog" and "Up" or "Down" as the value for "config",
> then ensure that the "button" value is the same text (case sensitive,
> IIRC) that you saw coming out of irw.

irw's output is good for me. I have the Channel Up\Down keys mapped to Key
Up/Down CurrentWindow, as well as the Menu Up/Down keys. This should work,
since the keyboard up/down keys change channels.

> This would also explain why it works during recordings--there isn't a
> need for the Up or Down directives. And the keyboard commands still work
> fine because the keyboard never accesses your lircrc file.

It's not just the channel buttons - menu, info, etc. are effected as well.

One thing I did notice today is that if I mash a button repeatedly,
occasionally it will be picked up in liveTV, which sounds like a
hardware/driver issue, except that everything works perfectly and
consistently outside of LiveTV.

Dave