[mythtv-users] Remote works in menu's, but not Live TV

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri Jul 20 04:55:48 UTC 2007

On Jul 20, 2007, at 12:52 AM, David Lonie wrote:

> Hey, I was just about to get on here and post the same problem :)
>
> I just got a serial ir receiver, I'm using lirc_serial and the svn
> of mythtv.
> I am using irxevent to sent the keypresses to CurrentWindow, and
> from what I
> can tell, it does indeed seem to be a focus problem. I use evilwm
> (gentoo's
> mythtv ebuilds use it, I kept it on the upgrade. Verrrry
> barebones :) )
>
> Anyone know of a solution to this?

Try a different window manager and see if it works? RatPoison is
really small and people have reported good success with it. Try not
top-posting, too. It's kind of annoying to reply to both of these
messages at the same time and still have it make sense to someone who
will want to read about this in the archives at some point. :)