[mythtv-users] Remote works in menu's, but not Live TV

Ben Foote ben.foote at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 02:15:14 UTC 2007

Hey Brad,

Thanks for the quick response. I'm using fluxbox, which is the default
WM for Knoppmyth. I am thinking its not a focus issue though because
doesn't MythTv get the commands from Lirc regardless of focus?

Also, I've checked the keybindings again and again in MythTV, they all
line up as default, and match my lircrc file.

And I tried to run irw and mode2 in a terminal while mythtv was
running in LiveTV but MythTv blocks irw and mode2 from connecting to
lircd. Is there a way around this?

I really appreciate the help. Hopefully I can get this worked out and
my wife can get back to watching TV.

Any more sugestions?
Thanks!
-Ben