[mythtv-users] A prediction is coming true - MORE confirming evidence

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Jul 19 21:07:00 UTC 2007

Braindead wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 15:52:00 -0400
> "Joe Borne" <joe.borne at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> From Slashdot today:
>>
> <snip>
>> Here is my next prediction:
>>
>> In the next 6 to 12 months someone with a lot of money, a lot of legal
>> resources, or just someone who is extremely mean and stubborn will be
>> sued by the RIAA for a large sum with little or no evidence. This
>> person will not only defeat them in court, but will counter-sue to the
>> tune of several million dollars in punitive damages. It might take
>
> <more snip>
>
> Here's my prediction, class action suit on behalf of all of the people who were basically blackmailed into settling due to lacking the resources to fight.
>
> Perhaps that's just wishful thinking on my part ;-)

Yep. Almost certainly those settlements contained promises to not pursue
the matter further.

Unless you could *prove* bad faith on the part of the RIAA (extremely
difficult to do), or that the defendants settled under duress, I don't
think your quite pleasant thought would ever come to fruition.

BEWW