[mythtv-users] A prediction is coming true, faster than I thought

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 15:23:29 UTC 2007

> Tom Dexter wrote:
> > Actually, you were correct...I was making the point that illegal downloads
> > aren't encumberred by DRM.  I don't concider ripping my own CDs to be an
> > issue either, even if the RIAA doesn't concider that fair use.
>
> Ignoring the position of any other group, the  way I see it, if anything
> I do does not and will not cost anybody a sale then it is morally OK.
>
> In fact, some "illegal" acts, by increasing awareness of particular art,
> may well actually increase sales.
>
> But try telling that to the RIAA.

who are now going after OTA radio stations the same way as online
streams for more money because they feel radio costs them too many
sales. people prefer to listen to the radio for their music than buy
the cd's.

one can easily download FLAC/APE/SHN''ed lossless full CD rips from
the internet illegally. So yes, illegal can provide higher quality,
non-DRM'd audio that legal means still can't quite match for almost
all labels. (though I *can* buy the new Shellac CD in 24bit lossless
=)

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!