[mythtv-users] Help me choose: pcHDTV HD-5500 orAirStar-HD5000AV-PCI

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 18 23:08:48 UTC 2007

>From: "Erich Newell"
>
>I would recommend neither of these. I have a pcHDTV which does work
>perfectly...but it generates unnecessary overhead on the system.

I'm curious as to exactly what overhead you're referring to.  I use my
MythTV system for only ATSC (digital OTA broadcasts).  I have three HD-5500
tuners in the backedn machine and even with all three cranking away the
system's practically asleep.  I guess analog use would be different due to
the need for software encoding.

Tom