[mythtv-users] Wakeup using acpi instead of nvram

Michelle Dupuis support at ocg.ca
Wed Jul 18 18:52:32 UTC 2007

After some struggling, and realizing that my motherboard wouldn't work with
nvram-wakeup, I wrote a simple bash script to set the wakeup time using the
/proc ACPI interface.  The script called "acpi-wakeup" is below, and is
parameter compatible with nvram-wakeup.

Cheers,
Md

#!/bin/bash
# Set the wakeup time using proc ACPI interface, instead of writing to NVRAM
# By Michelle DUpuis
# support at ocg.ca
# Version 0.1

  PARAMERROR=

  if [ $# -lt 2 ] ; then
    PARAMERROR="Too few parameters."
  elif [ $# -gt 3 ] ; then
    PARAMERROR="Too many parameters."
  else
    if [ $# -eq 2 ] ; then
      PFLAG=$1
      PEPOCH=$2
      PVERBOSE=""
    else
      PFLAG=$2
      PEPOCH=$3
      PVERBOSE=$1
    fi

    NOW_EPOCH=$(date "+%s")
    if [ $NOW_EPOCH -gt $PEPOCH ] ; then
      PARAMERROR="Passed time (in epoch format) has already passed."
    else
      #For testing, next line sets input time to July 18 2007, 4:39pm
      #PEPOCH="1184791140"
      NEW_TIME=$(date -d "1970-01-01 ${PEPOCH} sec GMT" "+%Y-%m-%d
%H:%M:%S")
    fi

    if [ -z "$PARAMERROR" ] ; then
      if [ $PFLAG != "--settime" ] ; then
        PARAMERROR="Invalid parameter format."
      else

        if [ "$PVERBOSE" = "-v" ] ; then
          echo "acpi-wakup version 0.1"
          echo "  Time passed in epoch format: [$PEPOCH]"
          echo "  Computed wakeup time: [$NEW_TIME]"
        elif [ -n "$PVERBOSE" ] ; then
          PARAMERROR="Unexpected final parameter encountered."
        fi
      fi
    fi
  fi

  if [ -n "$PARAMERROR" ] ; then
    echo "acpi-wake version 0.1"
    echo ""
    echo "  Error: $PARAMERROR"
    echo ""
    echo "  Usage: acpi-wakeup [ -v ] --settime XXXXXXXX"
    echo ""
  else
    echo "$NEW_TIME" > /proc/acpi/alarm
    if [ "$PVERBOSE" = "-v" ] ; then
      echo "  Confirmed ACPI wakeup alarm:"$(cat /proc/acpi/alarm)
    fi
  fi