[mythtv-users] Listings incorrect in MythWeb

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed Jul 18 02:59:10 UTC 2007

Trey Thompson wrote:
> Would there be a way to create a truly unique ID, like
> input+callsign+channum?  The reason I'm asking is, I have a friend
> that has several media center PCs doing different things, and I've
> sold him on Myth. He doesn't have an HDTV, but he has an HD card
> recording OTA HD programs for him to watch on his PC.  But, he also
> records the same program in SD over cable.  So, two recordings of the
> same show, on the same callsign/channel. He's currently doing this on
> two different PCs, but he wants to move to one serious big Myth
> backend.

Callsign *is* a unique identifier in the US (and I think Canada).  Most
stations use a -DT suffix to their analog callsign for the digital/HD
stations.  You'll also see a P suffix for "pacific timezone" broadcasts
of certain satellite stations like HBO (vs HBOP) that normally broadcast
in the eastern timezone.  Myth's callsign+channum is considered "unique
enough" for any purposes of our users, and is more than accurate enough
for US stations.

-Chris