[mythtv-users] DVB-T Can't play existing Channel 5 recordings after SVN update

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 19:40:42 UTC 2007

On 17/07/07, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:
> nospam312 wrote:
> >
> > I have trouble recording anything of Mux A (e.g. Channel 5 / abc1).
> > The backend usually crashes within an hour.  abc1 usually only manages
> > 10 minutes.  As the other Muxes seem fine I think Mux A is
> > transmitting in a way MythTV does not like (on my setup/transmitter
> > anyway).
> >
> Curious. I currently have problems with marginal reception on Mux 1,
> which is most of the BBC channels. It is UHF channel 50, which is the
> highest one from my transmitter (Hannington), but I don't know if that
> is a contributary factor.
>
> The channel 5 dodgyness mentioned earlier in this thread sounds nasty. I
> am glad I don't currently record much from there.

Well......

I get home and start my combined frontend/backend (it shuts down on
idle).  Configure my frontend start-up script to create a log, kill
the frontend and restart it, check the log is being created and start
one of the recording that wouldn't play last night......and it played
fine.

The other four Channel 5 recordings that wouldn't play last night also
played fine.  So either I dreamed things or the shutdown and restart
changed something. (I stopped the frontend and backend before the
'make install' and restarted them afterwards.  Was there something
else I should have done?)

Sorry for the noise.  Now to check that recording works OK.