[mythtv-users] removing commercials

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jul 17 19:25:18 UTC 2007

On 07/17/2007 05:37 AM, norman wrote:
> I think I understand how to remove commercials and always use key frame
> for cut points. In all cases removal is 100% with the exception of the
> first commercial at the very start of the recording. When the cut
> recording is replayed there is aways a very short flash of part of the
> first commercial. Could this be because where the cut starts may not
> coincide with a key frame? Is there any way of removing this very minor
> irritant?

IIRC (and I don't feel like researching it), mythtranscode used to leave
the first frame of the recording regardless of cutpoint placement, but
the issue has been fixed (at least in SVN trunk), now.  I'll leave
researching it up to you (and please feel free to let the list know how
far off I am).

Mike