[mythtv-users] A prediction is coming true, faster than I thought

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Jul 17 17:24:48 UTC 2007

Andrew Close wrote:
?

> oh, agreed.  i guess i should have paraphrased even more.
> the point i wanted to make was that they were loosing money in the
> effort to bring these ppl to justice. :)  but as Craig mentioned, they
> aren't in it for the money.  not through lawsuits anyway. ;)

I would think the real goal of the RIAA would be to ensure and perhaps
increase profits for its members.

I seriously doubt that their tactics are doing this, and may well be
counter-productive to that goal.

But try telling them that.

The only way things will change is if more people become aware of what
they are doing, and fight back in the only way that will get their
attention - costing their members money.

I read the amici curiae brief filed by, among others, the ACLU and the EFF.

http://www.ilrweb.com/viewILRPDF.asp?filename=capitol_foster_amicus

I think I'll send *another* check to the EFF, my T-Shirt is getting worn.

BEWW