[mythtv-users] OT: Stream Music around the house

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 16:29:06 UTC 2007

On 7/17/07, migmog <migmog at gmail.com> wrote:

> I second the FM transmitter approach. I have a clutch of 1960s/70s
> Hacker radios - chosen for the sound quality not the name.... though
> the name is a conversation piece too ;-)
>
> They sound great, cost very little, and look nice too. And you can
> also listen to the radio :-)

Setting aside the question of why someone with an aversion to 12cm waves
would be okay with 3m waves,  the obvious reason not to choose the FM
transmitter approach is the sound quality.

To each his own, but you don't have to be an audiophile to notice that not
all of your music makes it through an FM
transmitter.

--
TV/IT Engineer
WCJB-TV Gainesville, FL