[mythtv-users] OT: Stream Music around the house

Damian damian at gingermagic.co.uk
Tue Jul 17 09:22:17 UTC 2007

Peter Bowyer wrote:
> On 17/07/07, Damian <damian at gingermagic.co.uk> wrote:
>> The Squeezebox sounds like just what we could do with. May be a bit out
>> of my price range though. I'd be wanting 2 or 3 of them probably. Not
>> sure how much I could get them for in the UK, but I think it'd work out
>> to be a lot. Maybe I could get the older versions cheaper? But I guess
>> the pay off with that would be an inferior product. The UI of the latest
>> model looked good from what I could see on a video. Not sure what older
>> models would be like.
>
> Keep an eye on eBay - they show up quite often. I've sold a couple
> there - have been through several upgrades. The UI hasn't changed
> significantly since the early SliMP3 - although the newer displays are
> easier to read from a distance. If you have wired ethernet, only play
> MP3s, and don't need digital output, the original SliMP3 will work
> fine for you.
>
> Peter

Thanks for that Peter

Could you tell me what the difference is between Squeezebox 1,
Squeezebox 2 and Squeezebox 3? Can they all do the same thing with them
being open source software?

Can they all connect to pandora etc or is that a new addition of
Squeezebox 3?

I'm I correct in thinking that "Slimp3" is effecftively "Squeezebox 1",
then the other versions are simply Squeezebox 2 and Squeezebox 3. Or is
there more to it and more versions than that?

Also, I just saw Roku SoundBridge on the net. Is that the same kind of
thing?

Cheers all
Damian