[mythtv-users] OT: Stream Music around the house

Peter Bowyer peter at bowyer.org
Tue Jul 17 09:12:41 UTC 2007

On 17/07/07, Damian <damian at gingermagic.co.uk> wrote:
> The Squeezebox sounds like just what we could do with. May be a bit out
> of my price range though. I'd be wanting 2 or 3 of them probably. Not
> sure how much I could get them for in the UK, but I think it'd work out
> to be a lot. Maybe I could get the older versions cheaper? But I guess
> the pay off with that would be an inferior product. The UI of the latest
> model looked good from what I could see on a video. Not sure what older
> models would be like.

Keep an eye on eBay - they show up quite often. I've sold a couple
there - have been through several upgrades. The UI hasn't changed
significantly since the early SliMP3 - although the newer displays are
easier to read from a distance. If you have wired ethernet, only play
MP3s, and don't need digital output, the original SliMP3 will work
fine for you.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer