[mythtv-users] Live HD TV jumpy

Tom Greer trgreer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 22:03:08 UTC 2007

On 7/16/07, Patrick Wagstrom <patrick at wagstrom.net> wrote:

> In either case, most people stop watching live TV after a while anyway,
> just scheduling everything and watching it later.

I agree that most people stop watching live TV after a while.  But, at least
for me, there are two exceptions:

   1. I still watch most sports-related programs live.
   2. When I am showing off MythTV to visitors, they always want to see
   live TV.

It seems that MythTV is more prone to being jumpy - or stuttering at these
times.  And, of course, any audio or video stutter in these situations is
absolutely unacceptable.  8^)

Tom