[mythtv-users] OT: Stream Music around the house

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon Jul 16 19:50:51 UTC 2007

Damian wrote:

> What would you do (or what are you doing) to stream music around a house
> into rooms that don't have PC's?

<snip>
> As ever, cost is an issue. If the best solutions are expensive, I guess
> I could just wire metres of stereo cable around the house.

Don't forget if you have cat5 running around the house already you can
use that for audio. That size cable will do for most domestic
applications. Before anyone sounds off, yes I am aware of impedance
issues/crosstalk etc but those can be overcome reasonably cheaply.

Read an article somewhere about this very topic a month or two back,
absolutely no chance of remembering where or when...

Mike Perkins