[mythtv-users] Creating Recording Groups HOWTO

David Frascone dave at frascone.com
Sun Jul 15 16:21:18 UTC 2007

On 7/15/07, Alex Halovanic <halovanic at gmail.com> wrote:

> Funny, I just spent an hour trying to figure this out last night too.
> In the 'Watch Recordings' section, highlight a recording, hit Info,
> select 'Storage Options', then 'Change Recording Group,' and you can
> type in a new recording group for that show or select a pre-existing
> one.

You can do it by editing your scheduled recordings too -- it's under
storage.  You can create a new recording group.

What I did was create all my groups with a few recordings on the frontend,
then use mythweb to modify the rest of my scheduled recordings.  Mythweb can
not create a recording group, but it can modify them.

Also, the frontend allows you to modify existing recordings and assign their
group.  It's useful when you first start playing with groups, and want to
fix all the recordings on the disk.

So -- with all that, here's a question of my own:

Is there a way to modify the frontend to NOT have All recordings as the top
level?  I want to train my family to use their own groups, instead of just
clicking through to "All Recordings"

Later,

-Dave

--