[mythtv-users] Compiling

Mitch Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 21:46:16 UTC 2007

thanks for the xmvc devel tips  That wasnt it the how to.

now i am getting further with the make.  but i am gettings this now:

In file included from audiooutput.cpp:17:
audiooutputdx.h:8:39: error: windows.h: No such file or directory
audiooutputdx.h:9:39: error: dsound.h: No such file or directory
audiooutputdx.h:34:2: warning: #warning Several methods in AudioOutputDX
need to be implemented...
audiooutputdx.h:59: error: âHINSTANCEâ does not name a type
audiooutputdx.h:60: error: âLPDIRECTSOUNDâ does not name a type
audiooutputdx.h:61: error: âLPDIRECTSOUNDBUFFERâ does not name a type
audiooutputdx.h:64: error: âLPDIRECTSOUNDNOTIFYâ does not name a type
audiooutputdx.h:65: error: âDSBPOSITIONNOTIFYâ does not name a type
audiooutputdx.h:67: error: âDWORDâ does not name a type
audiooutputdx.h:68: error: âDWORDâ does not name a type
make[2]: *** [audiooutput.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/myth/svn/trunk/mythtv/libs/libmyth'
make[1]: *** [sub-libmyth] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/myth/svn/trunk/mythtv/libs'
make: *** [sub-libs] Error 2
[root at mythtv mythtv]#

My understanding is that this will work even tho i am logged in as root.
Correct?  What about this new error? I dont see any hints like before.

Thanks again,
Mitchell