[mythtv-users] Nividia Xvmc and DVB-T (UK)

Steve Smith st3v3.sm1th at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 19:58:45 UTC 2007

On 13/07/07, nospam312 <nospam312 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks everyone for replying.
>
> > (Oh the reason I did this was an earlier thread where someone had
> noticed a
> > correlation between the presence of the "Commentary for the blind" track
> and
> > the stuttering. I've noticed the same correlation!)
>
> That might have been me but I have noticed on some rare occassions it
> does it even if this track is not present and sometime it is fine when
> the track it present.  It must be bitrate/resolution or something
> related.  The audio description track does definately seem to be part
> of the problem and addressing this problem might fix the other
> occurrences.  Even a part fix would be great as even though Standard
> is fine the last time I tried XvMC I prefer it.
>
> > Regarding your Chan 5 problem, if Steven's fixes don't help you I did
> notice
> > a rejected fix from someone with a similar problem
> > to you. I think I put "dvb-t" in the search for problem tickets on trac.
> > It's in there somewhere if you look! You'll have to build it yourself
> > but that's not too difficult.
>
> There is ticket 2664 its not in fixes (unlike what the ticket says)
> but was told it is in the trunk?  Was this the ticket you were
> thinking of if not are you able to remember anymore details?  Is there
> any way of seeing if 2664 is actually in trunk or has it been lost
> somewhere and its neither in fixes or trunk?
>
> > Mythbuntu
>
> I have started a new thread regarding this.

Not sure 2664 was it, but it's similar...

However..... my hack seemed to work on Doctor Who!
So that's some success. Maybe it's not the *right* way but fixing xvmc is a
little beyond my abilities
at present!
To make it better I need a better way of finding which is the correct audio
PID to keep.

However one program doesn't really prove it, I'll keep using it for a few
days to see if it's stable.

Cheers

Steve