[mythtv-users] archiving broadcast

norman norman at littletank.org
Fri Jul 13 12:39:30 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-13 at 11:02 +0100, GARETH GLACCUM wrote:
> I think I know what you mean. At the weekend I was watching sunday
> breakfast on BBC2. They had a recipe for Baked Alaska, 10 minutes out
> of a 3 hour show. What I thought to do was:
> 1) Press R, this keeps the recording.
> 2) Play the recording, press E for edit mode when the baked alaska
> starts.
> 3) Press <Space> and select delete all before this point.
> 4) Either watch, or use the up down left right to move to the end
> 5) Press <Space> and select delete after this point
> 6) Escape out and go to the archive select page. Select the item
> 7) Move to the archive to dvd section, select the item, and ensure
> that use cut-points is selected. This forces a transcode I believe to
> remove the unwanted bits.
> 8) Burn... the 10 minutes I selected is all that will go to the DVD
>
> Now, what would be nice is some way to just keep the 10 minutes I
> wanted on hard disk rather than the whole 3 hour show on disk, but I
> haven't played around with that yet.
> Hope this helps.

Thank you very much, that is exactly what I would have done if I had
known about pressing R to activate the recording mode. Now that I know,
that's one question out of the way. However, there is another thing I
would like to know to help me along my learning curve.

How can one use the recordings that have been made automatically?
Imagine, I am a bit slow and forgot to press R. The recordings are there
somewhere and I wonder if they can be accessed and used.

Norman