[mythtv-users] USB Audio 5.1

Nick Rout nick at rout.co.nz
Fri Jul 13 03:38:53 UTC 2007

the bcpino wrote:
> Hi people!
>
> I am using my laptop box as Frontend which only has 2-channel audio...
> do you know a USB device that is sold in USA, and has either 5.1
> audio?? It might also have digital out (optical preferred) since I
> have a receiver next to the TV.
>
> Of course, it must be Linux-compatible... it's Linux, it's MythTV !!
Try and find a Xitel HiFiPro, its what I use. Unfortunately Xitel don't
seem to make the Pro (which is the 5.1 version) any more. If you can
pick one up second hand at a reasonable price, go for it.

It is a simple little box - size of a cigarette packet, usb powered,
four connectors: USB, spdif (coax), analogue Left & Right.