[mythtv-users] Custom Recording Schedule Options

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Fri Jul 13 02:34:04 UTC 2007

Robert Current wrote:
> I've been trying different things, but not getting exactly what I
> want) Is there any way to set this up?
>
> Category: Horror
> Commercial Free Channels Only.

Well, you mention Custom Recording in the subject and there
is a menu item for "Custom Record" You say you want Horror on
commercial free channels and there are pre-defined clauses for
"Limit by category" and "Only channels marked as commercial free":

Rule Name: CommFree Horror

program.category = 'Horror'
AND channel.commmethod = -2

> I've had to define the commercial free channels, and it works ok for a
> search, but it doesn't seem to be a recording option?!?

At the bottom of the page there is a button labeled "Record".
You can't create a rule with a blank name so you have to enter
something in the "Rule Name" field before the "Record" button
will light up,

--  bjm