[mythtv-users] Exception when sending OSD_Notify :-(

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Thu Jul 12 19:39:10 UTC 2007

treythompson at gmail wrote:

 >I noticed that for me, the FE crashes if I send an incomplete command to
 >mythtvosd.

Understand.
Do You have idea how to overcome this.
I assume incompleteness is a result of transmission errors because I can
experience the same problem when instead of variables I'm sending
constant strings in container.
ODS_notify is sent via unreliable protocol (UDP) so there are possible
transmission errors.
For test now I'm sending container twice - will see what happen.
Ideal solution will be when FE will validate received container before
processing, or even more easy - switch form UDP to TCP.
What do You think ?