[mythtv-users] Best Remote?

Darren Hart darren at dvhart.com
Thu Jul 12 18:39:11 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 10 July 2007 13:46:28 David Frascone wrote:
> I currently have a Harmony 880 remote -- but I'm thinking of downgrading.

Not sure if this counts as a downgrade, but I absolutely love this remote.  I
use it with my Hauppauge Media MVP front ends.

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Remote-URC300-Device-Control/dp/B00067R5Y6

Couple of nice things:

o the backlight button is all by itself on the side - so no looking for the
  backlight button when you need it - i.e. in the dark!
o Good general purpose set of keys.
o Programmable LCD touch screen for special cases when the general purpose
  keys don't suffice.
o Programs easily
o macros features work great
o hard buttons are easy to find and don't turn black over time.
o The optional RF receiver also works great.

Great remote!

--Darren