[mythtv-users] How to get multiple actions with one remote button press?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jul 12 15:44:58 UTC 2007

On 07/12/2007 11:41 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 07/12/2007 11:11 AM, Mark Goldberg wrote:
>
>> It may be obvious, but not to me. What do you put in the config line
>> in .lircrc to have MythTV execute two or more functions with one
>> button press. I tried just putting two things on the line and it did
>> neither. For example, I want the ChanUp remote button to execute an
>> "Up" then a "Return", while the Up remote button only does an "Up", so
>> I don't want to change the Myth config to change channels immediatly.
>>

> begin
>   prog = mythtv
>   button = play
>   config = P
>   repeat = 0
>   delay = 5
> end
>
> begin
>   prog = mythtv
>   button = play
>   config = P
>   repeat = F9
>   delay = 5
> end
>
> (which would be a bad mix of things to do, but shows you how to do it).

Ooops.  Changed the wrong value...  Should have changed the "P" in
config on the second to "F9".

begin
  prog = mythtv
  button = play
  config = P
  repeat = 0
  delay = 5
end

begin
  prog = mythtv
  button = play
  config = F9
  repeat = 0
  delay = 5
end

but, basically, just put two stanzas in for two actions.  3 for 3.  4
for ...

Mike