[mythtv-users] Storage Groups

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Jul 12 00:13:11 UTC 2007

I've seen discussion about Storage Groups lately and wanted to see how
applicable they would be to an idea I have.

Let's say I have two MythTV combo frontend/backends (each with a tuner
in them) in my house as well as a frontend or two.  Can I create a
storage group on each backend so that when I scheduled a recording, I
could specify which backend(s) the recording was stored on?

Probably in most cases the same back end would record and store and in
fact that should be the default situation, conflicts aside.  But there
are cases where I would want one backend to record and the other store,
or one backend to record and store both locally and store a copy on the
other backend.

Assuming yes to all or most of the above, could these two backends also
be masters to their own local frontends and other standalone frontends?

b.

Brian J. Murrell