[mythtv-users] TiVo-like program guide

Adam Bodnar ambodnar at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 23:33:31 UTC 2007

On 7/10/07, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> >> Here's an example:
> http://www.pvrcompare.com/SATivo2TivoChannelGuide.jpg
> >>

> Looks to me like that assumes that the user is more interested in
> watching a particular channel than in watching a particular show.  It
> puts the emphasis on channel--not on content.  Probably perfect for
> selling the idea to networks, but, IMHO, not at all user-friendly.  (My
> opinion does presume that a user wants to watch /shows/ and doesn't
> really care on what channel they appear.)

Tivo has two views for guide data. The one above which is to see programming
for a single channel and then the one like MythTv has
http://www.pvrcompare.com/SATivo2GridChannelGuide.jpg.

Could be a decent option to add to be able to switch between either views.

I'd just be happy if MythTv had the ability to lookup programs better
besides scrolling thru every single program that starts with an A. Something
like this, http://www.pvrcompare.com/SATivo2WLTitle.jpg