[mythtv-users] Any have an xorg.conf for NVIDIA that uses a special ModeLine?

Tom Greer trgreer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 23:03:47 UTC 2007

On 7/11/07, nospam312 <nospam312 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks everyone for suggestions but I tried the Xorg log.0 file it was
> not helpful this is partly why I gave up.
>
> I have already specified UseEdidDpi false is that enough in the device
> section?
>
> In my device section I have the line
> Option      "MetaModes" "1024x768,1024x768"
> Does this need changing/removing to match up with my ModeLine setting
> - do the NVIDIA drivers look at ModeLines defined in the Monitors
> section?
>
> Any further help would be appreciated as I can get it to work when I
> use my the same hardware but Windows (so I know my ModeLine values are
> correct as PowerStrip converts them for you) but can't get it to work
> with MythTV/Linux system?

I can't help you unless you tell me what you are trying to do.

What manufacturer/model video card do you have?

What version of the nvidia driver do you have installed?

What specific model of display do you have - and what are it's
specifications?

How is the display connected to the computer (DVI, VGA, SVideo, etc)?

What is your current configuration (including a copy of your current
xorg.conf file)?

What results are you presently obtaining?

Tom