[mythtv-users] Best Remote?

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 21:38:03 UTC 2007

On 7/10/07, David Frascone <dave at frascone.com> wrote:

> On 7/10/07, Geoff B <geoffbon at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 7/10/07, David Frascone wrote:
> > > But -- I've had trouble finding a good profile to have enough buttons to
> > > control my myth effectively.  I want commercial skip buttons, delete
> > > buttons, parental control buttons, etc.  So I quickly run out.
> >
> > Did you consider getting an IR keyboard, and learning the codes from
> > that?  You could set as many codes as necessary, and use the soft keys
> > (arranged sensibly, e.g. a page for TV watching, a page for videos,
> > etc).  You'd just have to learn each keyboard command using the 880's
> > learning capability.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Geoff
> >

> When the 880 learns keys, there is a one second delay between presses --
> which gets old very quickly :)

Yea, my harmony remote is linked to a PVR-250 remote which the
receiver is plugged in to.  And, as you mentioned... I has a delay
that I can't seem to improve.  It was even worse when I did the "learn
keyboard" thing, as I could never get it to repeat by holding down a
button on the remote.

Thanks!
Matt