[mythtv-users] Permanent HDHomeRun IR sensor target setting?

Meatwad meatwad.get.the.honeys at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 20:02:48 UTC 2007

jason maxwell wrote:

>     So now, if the power flickers or whatever, I just need to run the
>     command manually.  Someday I'll need to give my wife an easy interface
>     to make the change since power usually flickers when I'm at work....
>

> I once had the power flicker in the middle of a movie that was
> recording. when I went to watch it, there was just black after that
> point. The movie wasnt being repeated soon, so I was kinda bummed. Ever
> since then, I have had my HDHR on a UPS so that only happens if the
> power is out long enough to drain the battery. I highly recommend having
> a UPS on your myth box if possible, and RPTVs love them too. They keep
> the cooling fans spinning when power is lost so nothing cooks itself dead.
> -J

More so to prevent unnecessary wear on the bulb. Each time power is lost
before the bulb cools down, it has been determined that bulb life is
dramatically reduced.

Every RPTV and projector I spec gets a UPS, even if the facility has a
backup generator. OBviously any type of DVR or media server with a hard
drive should also have one and standard satellite and cable boxen
benefit as well if just to preserve their previous state.

--
mw