[mythtv-users] Remote to turn *on* mythtv?

Dave Walker DaveWalker at ubuntu.com
Wed Jul 11 18:14:59 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-07-11 at 13:43 -0400, David Frascone wrote:

> I can't think of any way to do it -- but is there a way to turn on a
> myth box via remote?  What about if suspended?  Can it do
> wake-on-serial?

>From my understanding the MS device can be used in this manner, but i
have not tried it.

What i would recommend is this:
http://fanshop.ocinside.de/cgi-bin/shop/shop.cgi?id=&view=1&grpnr=1&subgrpnr=4&grplevel=2&lang=en

It is a kit, so would involve some soldering; but it actually includes a
power button to the motherboard that simulates a 'power-button push' on
the case.

The required 'power' button from the remote gets recorded by yourself
and when used; will send a power signal to the motherboard.

>From my understanding the power option isn't yet compatible with the MS
remotes; but should work with most other remotes.  It is also comptiable
with lirc, for normal Mythtv functions aswell.