[mythtv-users] /dev/video0 doesn't exist?

David Lonie loniedavid at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 15:33:43 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 10 July 2007 22:01, Xi Jiarong wrote:
> I was met one problem about "dev/video0 doesn't exist" when returning back
> from mythtv-setup process.
> However this /dev/video0 does exist in my current system, and when I used
> the the following two commands to test for video0, I could got the saved
> test_captured.mpg when using command (2), but could not got live capture
> video when using the first command (1).
> (1)#cat /dev/video0 > /tmp/test_capture.mpg    //
> (1)#mplayer -vo xv /tmp/test_capture.mpg
> Moreover, I could not watch TV via mythtv.
>
> my current user in this fedora system is mythtv.

I can't make out if you were able to play the captured file using mplayer...If
you didn't, some error output would be helpful. If it did work, make sure you
have selected the correct video card in mythtv-setup (mythtv-setup >> capture
cards. Try deleting all and then re-adding, making sure they are correct.)

Dave