[mythtv-users] System melt down

Damian damian at gingermagic.co.uk
Wed Jul 11 12:55:55 UTC 2007

Damian wrote:
> David Watkins wrote:
>>> A slightly more worrying thing is that the boot sequence only seems to
>>> be displaying half of my actual memory!
>> Actually I'd be very happy to see that.  Duff memory would explain
>> your troubles and is probably one of the easier things to fix.
>>
>> Assuming you have two sticks, take one of them out and see if that
>> makes things better or worse.
>>
>> If you only have one stick then you gonig to have either borrow or buy
>> another to test.
>
> Thanks, I'll do that.
>
> I have 2 sticks. I thought they had to be in in pairs. Or is that old
> stuff from way back?

Ahhhhrghghg

Just tried one stick .. 256Memory
Tried the other ... 256 Memory
Ah, I think, the motherboard must be broken!
Put them both back in ... 512 .. back to how they should be.
Grrr
I must not have reseated them very well when I took them out the other
day. I'll try a stress test on them just to make sure if I can find one
on the Ultimate Boot CD. Not now though. Really need to work.

Damian