[mythtv-users] Why would this happen?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Jul 11 09:36:26 UTC 2007

Bruce Nordstrand wrote:

> Ah, now any other time I would agree with you. This is not some football
> game that went over time. These guys have been broadcasting this race
> since Adam was a boy. It is a fixed distance which the bikes cover in an
> average speed. The broadcaster well knows what a close approximation of
> time it would take. This was the longest stage of the whole race,
> therefore would have had a very calculable timeframe. They chose however
> to allocate their standard time slot to it instead of extending by x
> minutes. It is not like anything else would have been pushed late, they
> close down after the last program anyway until around 6:00am every day....

So if you knew this why didn't you just tell Myth to over-record by an
hour. There are several ways to do this.

Broadcasters assume you are watching the program.

I really do not see that they did anything wrong here.

It is extremely unlikely that folks in the traffic/scheduling department
of the station know anything at all about bicycle racing.

BEWW