[mythtv-users] Datadirect down

Robert Eden rmeden at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 11 01:44:49 UTC 2007

On 7/10/2007 5:48 PM, Chad wrote:
> I said that it sounds like Tom got shafted due to his
> CAPITAL letters around FORMER! so I figured he felt a little shafted
> as well.
Just so you guys know, Tom hasn't been involved in Zap2IT labs for at
least a year.  He probably got called back from his day job to fix the
problem because he helped develop it.  It was nice to hear from him in
the forum.  If he was screwed by his employer (which can happen to most
of us) and is leaving, it didn't have anything to do with Zap2IT labs
shutting down.

>   If you have a volunteer worker that you come to depend on at
> your job, when they leave you feel a little shafted.  It doesn't mean
> you aren't thankful or that they are a horrible person, the point is
> you feel the pinch when they're gone.

Good analogy, but if someone leaves, I would say "I'm screwed"  not
"Jack (volunteer) screwed me".  To me, there's a significant difference
between the two. (didn't sound right using "shafted", but you get the
idea.. I hope)

I don't believe Zap2IT Labs "screwed" us.  And as far as "We're
screwed", we're not... announcement *VERY* soon.

Robert
XMLTV