[mythtv-users] Another mythstreamtv alternative

Ben Holt beanjammin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 00:13:29 UTC 2007

This is a very simply script that I cobbled together to get an mms://
stream from mythtv that can be viewed remotely using VLC or WMP.  It
does not depend on mythweb, which means that you can provide access to
streams without providing access to mythweb (I like my friends, I just
don't always appreciate their sense of humour ;-).

It requires VLC, a web server, PHP, access to the mythdata directory
and to the myth database, a CPU strong enough to encode in realtime,
and a net connection fast enough to stream from.

http://mythtv.computerdolt.com/~ben/stream_from_mythtv-0.01.tgz

No doubt there is lots room for improvement, but this works for me and
maybe for you too.

- Ben