[mythtv-users] removing commercials

norman norman at littletank.org
Tue Jul 10 20:04:30 UTC 2007

, snip >

> Are you setting the 'Use Cut List' check box for each recording?
>
> The cut list is applied per recording so you have to make sure that you
> set 'Use Cut List' for each recording. You do that by selecting each
> recording in the list on the 'Select Archive Items' screen and making
> sure the  'Use Cut List' check box is checked. If the 'Use Cut List'
> check box doesn't show for a recording then there is no cut list
> available for that file and you will have to go back and edit the
> recording to add the cut list.

Thank you, that's it. I did not realise that you had to check the use
cut list box for each recording. I thought that checking the box would
apply to all the recordings in the list. Now I know.

> You can check that you have set 'Use Cut  List' for all the recordings
> you have added to a DVD by looking on the last page of the wizard where
> the 'Finish' button is located. The list of items to be recorded at the
> top of that screen should have the check box checked below the pair of
> scissors icon for all the items you want to remove commercials.

I wondered what that box was for now I know, thank you very much. Excuse
my ignorance but where do I find all the items for each screen explained
so that I can avoid doing silly things?

Norman