[mythtv-users] Two-backends with two-frontends on one machine?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Tue Jul 10 18:41:36 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-10 at 13:34 -0500, Jay Mallar wrote:
> Why, you ask?

So totally!

> I currently have two Tivos today; I control one, my better half
> controls the other, and we like having control of our own recordings
> without the clutter of the other.

That is what recording groups (iirc the nomenclature) are for.

Resource-wise and complexity-wise you are much better with to linked
co-operating backends.  They will much better cover your combined
recording requirements. Indeed, 4 tuners for a single household I would
think is overkill if all tuners are put to the task of all recording
requirements.  But I digress.

Recording groups lets you group recordings together so that you choose
your group, you see your recordings and she does the same -- no clutter
from the other's recordings.  You can even have a common group for stuff
you both watch and first one to watch it pushes it to the others group
so they know to delete it when they have watched it.

b.

Brian J. Murrell