[mythtv-users] Why would this happen?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Jul 10 17:40:41 UTC 2007

Bruce Nordstrand wrote:
>> ...I am currently watching tonites recording and everything is fine
>> so far (I remember how much I hate adverts now!).
> Boy, am I glad I decided to watch this one - if I had gone to bed and
> left it to record I wouldn't have seen the finish! Who's fault? The
> broadcasting station!! "Officially" in their lineup it ended at 2:00am
> (exactly where Myth stopped recording). However, the broadcast kept
> going for another 45 mins, inside what was supposed to be Weatherwatch
> until 5:30am. Just goes to show how useless all these broadcasters are.....

How are they supposed to know how long an event like that will run?

Published schedules are the "best guess" at the time they have to submit
the information, they are not psychic.

What is it you think that they could or should have done other than what
they did?

Cut away from the event so their programming would match the guides?

Remember "Heidi" ?

BEWW