[mythtv-users] opengl works in image gallery but not menus

Brian J. Stults bstults at fsu.edu
Tue Jul 10 14:10:34 UTC 2007

I have two frontend machines, one with a GeForce 6200 and one with a
GeForce 5200.  Both are running 0.20-fixes from svn.  In both, I have
glx configured properly according to glxinfo which shows that direct
rendering is on, and all the appropriate lines say NVIDIA.  GLX programs
such as glxgears and supertux work fine.  Also, the OpenGL transitions
in the mythtv image gallery work fine.  However, I cannot seem to get
the OpenGL painter working.  I have the painter set to OpenGL in the
frontend settings and I force it to be used on the command line.  This
is recognized according to the logs (e.g. "Setting 'ThemePainter' being
forced to 'opengl').  However, the log later shows "Using the Qt
painter" and, of course, I do not see the fancy fading menus.  Not sure
if it matters, but `ldd mythfrontend` shows that it is linked to the
proper libGL.so.1.

I tried searching the logs, but found nothing specific to my issue.
Does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks.