[mythtv-users] Datadirect down

Meatwad meatwad.get.the.honeys at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 03:23:32 UTC 2007

Chad wrote:

<snip>

 > Rober Kulagowski wrote:
 >
>It's supposed to be a glitch:
> http://bb.labs.zap2it.com/viewtopic.php?t=1323
>
> Author: tmstom
> Joined: 17 Feb 2004
> Location: Chicago
>
> Message:
 >
>> Hey. I haven't posted here in a loooooong time...
>>
>> Thought I would let you guys know that there's been a database problem
>> throughout the weekend on the database used to store user lineup
>> information. You may have been getting this application error:
>>
>> Code:
>> Your previously selected lineup is no longer valid and has been
>> automatically deleted.
>> Please add a lineup!
>>

>> ...which accounts for a specific exception scenario when the application
>> queries the user lineups table. Your lineups have not been deleted; it's
>> just the code is interpreting the exception this way.
>>
>> You also might have gotten a message telling you to add a lineup, as if
>> you'd never had one on your account. Well, bottom line is: things will
>> be back to normal when the database stuff is fixed, and your lineup info
>> has not been lost.
>>
>> Things will hopefully be back to normal later today as we switch to a
>> backup and fix issues on the production server.
>>
>> On an unrelated note, I've been monitoring things in the Myth and XMLTV
>> forums (and others) and hope there's a way for you guys to work
>> everything out with the listings data. I have confidence in you all. Smile
>>
>> Pretty soon, I won't be around even peripherally. Best of luck to
>> everyone.. it's been good. I'm really impressed with everything the
>> Zap2it Labs community has cooked up. I don't think we ever anticipated
>> all of this. I miss Zap2it Labs. Smile
>>
>> Good luck. I'll see ya when I see ya.
>> _________________
>> - Tom
>> FORMER! Zap2it Labs forum and customer service manager

> Wow!  Sounds.... I don't know, rather corporate I guess.  I can't
> really think of the word I want.  Seems Tom got the shaft we all got.
>
> -Chad

I just checked mythweb, results are:

Last mythfilldatabase run started on 2007-07-09 11:44 and ended on
2007-07-09 11:44. Successful.
There's guide data until 2007-07-22 21:00 (13 days).
DataDirect Status: Your subscription expires on 08/19/2007 05:06:48 AM

Chad,

Tom's answer sounded pretty un-corporate to me. I certainly don't
believe Tom "got the shaft" at all. I'm certain he has full time
responsibilities at TMS other than the DD arrangement we have had with
them. More than likely, he has been retasked to work on regular business
at TMS which makes sense because the DD aspect of their service *is
going away*. Whether we like it or not, we just have to wait and see
what the Myth and XMLTV devs arrange with them. If you had been minding
the other threads you would have seen some recent posts from Chris
Peterson and the XMLTV dev which indicate that a solution IS being
worked on and the outlook at this point appears positive.

I certainly don't feel shafted so please do not speak for me. This is a
public forum which can be viewed by the entire world. I strongly feel
that everyone needs to step back, take a breath, and *think* before they
post. Attitudes like yours can very well upset the work in progress to
find us another solution.

Truth be told, this is all just about watching TV with a very fancy
media center. IMNSHO, if TV is so important to you than you would be
best served by finding a commercial solution where you have a contract
with a provider.

--
mw