[mythtv-users] Firewire issues with 6200 (svn)

Tom Greer trgreer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 23:59:46 UTC 2007

On 7/9/07, David Frascone <dave at frascone.com> wrote:
> The only difference I noticed was that the 6200 was recognized, and guid was
> used instead of node / port numbers.  What else was supposed to have
> changed?
>
> -Dave

For a while there was a firewire code branch where a lot of new
features were developed and tested.  In April (Changeset 13286), the
firewire branch was closed and the changes were merged into the SVN
head.

In addition to automatically detecting the firewire devices and their
GUIDs and the elimination of the broadcast vs. p2p options,  the code
used to change channels is substantially more robust - it will
automatically reset the channel if data is not received in sufficient
time.

Tom