[mythtv-users] which kernel for pcHDTV 3000

Ryan Allen ryan at the-summit.net
Mon Jul 9 22:44:23 UTC 2007

* Jake Palmer <jakep_82 at hotmail.com> wrote on [07-09-07y 15:40]:

> >Greetings all,
> >
> >I'm having some problems getting my pcHDTV 3000 card working with the
> >2.6.20 kernel. And, when reading the wiki, it seems to recommend using
> >the 2.6.17 kernel and not the 2.6.18 kernel. It takes a lot of
> >tinkering and when I can get the card to tune, playback is very
> >choppy.

What are your CPU/memory specs?  What does 'top' report during playback?
What video card are you running?  Does it support XVMC?

If I understand correctly, the HD-3000 is a capture card and has nothing
to do with playback.  It takes a lot of CPU to playback HDTV, even with
a powerful, HDTV supported video card.

-Ryan