[mythtv-users] Cannot change channels using EPG

Tom Andrews ta264 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Jul 9 20:45:03 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-09 at 13:35 -0700, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Jul 9, 2007, at 1:26 PM, Tom Andrews wrote:

> >> Try turning on the option "Use select to change the channel in the
> >> program guide".  With the option on, you simply press the OK/Select
> >> button on your remote (ENTER on the keyboard) to change to the
> >> current
> >> channel in the EPG.
> >>
> >> This option can be found via the menus at Utilities/Setup -> Setup ->
> >> TV Settings -> Program Guide on Page 2.
> >>
> >> Tom
> >
> > I've tried that, and I get the same result, except I have to press
> > ENTER
> > instead :(  It just exits the guide but doesn't change channel.
>
> Are you using a channel change script? Maybe the user you're running
> the frontend as doesn't have permission to execute the channel change
> script?

No, I haven't messed with any channel script settings.  I'm also using
an internal pci tuner, which makes it even more odd.  It happens with
the Ubuntu feisty version (from January) and the latest snapshot from
0.20-fixes (from the mythbuntu repository).  Could it be the packages
somehow?  I guess the next thing is to try compiling from source...