[mythtv-users] Datadirect down

Robert Kulagowski bob at smalltime.com
Mon Jul 9 19:07:32 UTC 2007

David Lonie wrote:
> On Monday 09 July 2007 09:14, Henry A Harper III wrote:
>> My OTA (ATSC-only) lineup has also been conveniently and automatically
>> deleted for me, according to the DD website. I can't redo/add another one
>> at the moment. 10 days of data remaining...guess I'll go EIT if it's not
>> fixed by then. Re-recording things due to no programids will be mildly bad,
>> but better than setting manual recording times and channels.
>
> It sounds like they may be starting the switch. Zap2It labs mentioned
> something about reworking the data storage method they use, maybe your local
> broadcasts are being work on?

It's supposed to be a glitch:
http://bb.labs.zap2it.com/viewtopic.php?t=1323

Author: tmstom
Joined: 17 Feb 2004
Location: Chicago

Message:
Hey. I haven't posted here in a loooooong time...

Thought I would let you guys know that there's been a database problem
throughout the weekend on the database used to store user lineup
information. You may have been getting this application error:

Code:
Your previously selected lineup is no longer valid and has been
automatically deleted.
Please add a lineup!

...which accounts for a specific exception scenario when the application
queries the user lineups table. Your lineups have not been deleted; it's
just the code is interpreting the exception this way.

You also might have gotten a message telling you to add a lineup, as if
you'd never had one on your account. Well, bottom line is: things will
be back to normal when the database stuff is fixed, and your lineup info
has not been lost.

Things will hopefully be back to normal later today as we switch to a
backup and fix issues on the production server.

On an unrelated note, I've been monitoring things in the Myth and XMLTV
forums (and others) and hope there's a way for you guys to work
everything out with the listings data. I have confidence in you all. Smile

Pretty soon, I won't be around even peripherally. Best of luck to
everyone.. it's been good. I'm really impressed with everything the
Zap2it Labs community has cooked up. I don't think we ever anticipated
all of this. I miss Zap2it Labs. Smile

Good luck. I'll see ya when I see ya.