[mythtv-users] urgently asking for help about mythtv's watch-tv can't work properlly!

David Lonie loniedavid at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 18:17:30 UTC 2007

On Monday 09 July 2007 08:53, Xi Jiarong wrote:
> I enter the following command "mythttv-setup" to open the MythTV setup UI,
> However, I got the following pop-out warning: "WARNING: MythTV has detected
> that the backend is running.   Changing existing cards inputs, deleting
> anything, or scanning for channels may not work";

As root (su), perform the following:

/etc/init.d/mythbackend stop

Then try mythtv-setup again (as a normal user)

> Moreover, I found the ivtv driver does exist, including: ivtv-firmware,
> ivtv-kmdl-2.6.20-1.2925.fc6.i686 have been installed in this computer.
>
> But I can not get any information in /var/log/messages when using the
> following command:
>  "tac /var/log/messages |
>
>    > sed -n '/=\ \ END INIT IVTV\ \ =/,/= START INIT IVTV =/p;
>    >     /= START INIT IVTV =/q' |
>    > tac"

Try this one:

tac /var/log/messages | grep -i ivtv

> I think, maybe ivtv driver is ok,but can not be loaded properlly, is this
> right?

idk from what's been provided. If nothing else, try reinstalling them. The
ivtv drivers can be picky about kernel options, so you may need to recompile
before all is said and done.

Dave