[mythtv-users] mythbackend not auto loading DVB card on startup ... pcHDTv HD-5500

Irumbo Mateene imateene at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 9 14:43:43 UTC 2007

Every time I re-start my mythtv system the mythtv-backend script does not load the DVB drivers ...I have to manually stop the service and restart it for this to work.I am running mythtv from SVN using kernel 2.6.20 ..  ( ubuntu fesity 7.04 )I have a PVR-150 and HD-5500 card ..   The PVR-150 works fine with no problems ...Every time I start my machine I create the device nodes for the DVB card , then load the driver and finally start the backend.   The DVB nodes /dev/dvb/adapter..  are set to give rw access to every one ..Mythtv backend is set to start up using MYTHTV as user ...   I log in to machine using a different logon id.. I am suspecting that there must be some permissioning issue possibly mythtv user lacks permissions to load dvb drivers?    any suggestions would be welcome?